Can-Con is committed to making the convention enjoyable and welcoming for everyone. If you have a question or concern before or during the event, please contact Kate Heartfield, Can-Con’s accessibility liaison, at email@example.com.
Please also contact Kate before the convention, if possible, if you require specific assistance or supports. Can-Con may not be able to accommodate all requests but we will do what we can to make sure everyone can attend and have a safe and enjoyable convention.
After the event, Kate would very much like to hear your feedback or suggestions about how Can-Con could improve its accessibility in future years.
We ask all attendees to be aware of the visible and invisible needs of others, to make space, show respect and accommodate.
Can-Con accessibility information:
- Two seats reserved in the front row of each event for visually and hearing impaired attendees
- All panel rooms have space reserved in the seating area for a wheelchair
- All panel rooms are wheelchair accessible
- If you encounter a wait or queue that could create discomfort or medical concerns, please let a Can-Con volunteer know immediately and we will make sure to move you to the front of the line and/or find a safer space.
- Service animals welcome
- If an attendee with a disability requires a caregiver or support person, that support person attends the convention free of charge.
- accessible front entrance and desk
- 3 wheelchair accessible rooms for overnight guests
- The hotel bar is on the main floor at level
- There is a restaurant in the hotel and the Rideau Centre food court is accessible through a ramped entrance across the street from the hotel
- The hotel elevators have braille buttons and both audio and visual floor signals